Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas

It's Christmas....Merry Christmas! I don't want to be a scrooge this year. I really don't. But my heart hurts without my daughter here. This would be her first Christmas. She would be 10 months old, about the same age as Emma on her first Christmas. I remember how fun that was to watch Emma try to open her presents...and only enjoy the boxes and bows : ) I wish Ava was here to do that, and wish Emma could watch her little sister enjoy it.

But despite my sadness, I do have lots of joy. I am first thankful for the reason we celebrate this day. For the birth of Jesus! We wouldn't be able to enjoy it without Him and the blessings He has provided in our lives. I am thankful for my beautiful family, especially ALL of my beautiful children. They may not all be here in front of me, but their lives are all important, no matter how short or long they may be. And I am thankful for my friends, old and new. They have been so wonderful throughout this first year of sorrow for our family, and I appreciate them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment