Wow where does the time go? Five months ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed, in a dark hospital room, holding my second born child. I was in disbelief, shock, angry, sad, all wrapped into one. We were surrounded by loved ones, yet the only thing I could see was her. Her pouty little lips, her tiny little chin, perfect ten fingers, perfect ten toes, and her cute little conehead : ) She was just so perfect, all six pounds of her, and everything just ended so quickly. I just couldn't even imagine the days that lie ahead of me. Those were the worst, but I can truly say that I am glad I have been able to slowly wade my way through the fog of those first few days and weeks home.
Now, five months later, I am still adjusting to my "new" life. I don't like it at all, but I have no choice. I am learning to make the best of it. I have learned to become so much more grateful for the things in my life that I DO have, and try to make the best of what I don't. I think about her all the time, and it is not always a sad thing. I love to look at her picture, and talk about her to anyone that will listen. She is not a "sensitive subject", she is my daughter. I just wish things could have turned out differently, but no matter how much I wish, it is what it is, and this is my life.
Happy 5 Months in Heaven, my angel! <3
Happy 5 Months Ava....I know all the babies are having a great party this weekend..((hugs))
ReplyDeleteHappy 5 Months, sweet Ava. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy 5 months sweet little Ava. I bet you are playing with all of the other babies up there.
ReplyDeleteHappy 5 months to Ava. I just love her name, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI know adjusting to your "new life" isn't easy, I don't believe it's meant to be but do know that I am here to support you. I will never get tired of hearing about Ava and her sweet life.