Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

In The Arms of An Angel

"In The Arms of An Angel" is the song that we played at Ava's funeral. I have not brought myself to even try to listen to that song again since March 5th, for obvious reasons. But it is always in my head. I think that the meaning of the song is about people that commit suicide, etc but I like the main message, In the arms of an angel. Have you ever seen the movie, "City of Angels?" That song was played in the end, when the main character died. A few nights before we lost Ava, I was up in the middle of the night (thanks to my little angel doing gymnsatics and trying to find her way out of my belly) and that movie was on TV. I watched it the whole way through. Normally I can't watch the end, because I know what happens and it is so sad. But I guess I just needed a good cry. So I watched it, and that song came on. Oh the tears flowed! I remember thinking, "Wow, what a powerful song. I bet a lot of people play this at funerals." And so of course that song was in my head when we were planning funeral arrangements. Ironic how things turn out, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful song. I think of it often nowadays.

    There is so much beautiful music I have been avoiding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't listen to the song anymore...It always made me sad before but now I remember it being played at her funeral and have to change the station or I know I would cry.

    ReplyDelete