Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memories

Well I finally got some things together to start a memory book for Ava. It's going to be so beautiful. I never realized how many ultrasound pictures I have of her. But am SO very thankful to have them all. It's all I have of her still alive. Today Emma found one of the ultrasound pictures, picked it up and said "my sister!" Wow. I didn't know if I should smile or cry. My heart broke into a million pieces. The poor little girl thinks her sister is a piece of paper; that's all she has ever seen of her. I hope one day she will be able to have a brother or sister in the flesh!

Anyhow, I am excited about the memory book. I also have a memory box with all of her "things". I take the little hospital cap out that she was wearing and can still smell her. It's all I've got. And I can look at her tiny little footprints, and her lock of hair. All of these things are everything I have left of my little Ava. For such a tiny person, she has such a huge impact on me!

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful!!! Emma saying that breaks my heart and makes me smile at the same time! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma absolutley will have a brother or sister to grow up with. And she will know Ava too because you will keep her memory alive. Emma and Ava are lucky girls to have such an amazing mother.

    You should also include a picture of yourself pregnant with Ava for your book. Its you and her together. I have a picture of my Yoshi and Jacob (still pg) at Christmas. I am using that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful mother and I think it's great you are putting everything together for her. One day I would like to see what you have made :-)

    ReplyDelete