Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma!













If you read this blog, then you have no doubt read all about our second born, Ava, and how she came into our lives. But today, I thought I would take the time to share about our firstborn, Emma. It's her birthday today! She turns the big 3! I can't believe how quickly the past three years have seemed to fly by. It's amazing!


Well to start, we found out we were pregnant in May 2007. We were very excited to become parents! I was nervous to become a mom, I was worried I wouldn't know what to do with this precious new life that I was going to be entrusted with. What do I do when she cries? What if she gets sick? All the wonderful thoughts went through my head on a daily basis, but I knew I would just figure it out somehow. I was very lucky to have a problem free and very easy pregnancy.


On January 24th, 2008 I was home by myself and realized I started feeling some weird aches in my belly. Funny, it took me a few hours to realize these were actually contractions! FINALLY, something was happening! I continued throughout the day and kept feeling these contractions get more painful and more frequent. Eric got home from work that evening and we ate dinner as usual, and decided to just try to relax the rest of the night. Afterall, I had heard many stories of new moms going to the hospital only to be sent away because it wasn't time. So around 11:00, contractions still coming, I decided to try to go to sleep. That didn't last long! At this point, the contractions were still about ten minutes apart, and they were pretty painful. So I decided to call the nurse. They told me to go ahead and come in to the hospital, but I might be sent home because I hadn't been laboring for long. So, we grabbed the hospital bad (just in case) and headed to the hospital.


We arrived at the hospital just before midnight. They could tell I was indeed having contractions, but they weren't close together so I might be sent home. But the nurse decided to check me just in case. Thank goodness she did because I was already five cm! They went ahead and gave me an epidural, and that was the best thing ever! No more pain! : ) The next few hours were just waiting and waiting. Contractions continued, but I didnt feel a thing. Then, around 6:30 am, my water broke. Around 7 am, it was time to push!


Finally, at 7:51 am, on Jan 25th (her due date) our little Emma Rae was born! She weighed 7lbs, 1 oz, and was 20 inches long. She was the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen. Of course I was a little biased, but she really was! As soon as I held her, all those fears just seemed to insignificant. I was her mommy, and this was my daughter, and it would be ok. I just knew it would. She was bright eyed and bushy tailed from the moment she was born. Only cried when she was cold or hungry, and she managed to stay awake for hours after she was born. It was like she was just taking it all in. Her new world was all around her, and she was enjoying every minute of it. And three years later, I have to say she has not changed a bit. Happy Birthday to my beautiful firstborn, Emma Rae! Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

  1. That pic is so cute! Her and Nicole would have so much fun playing dress up and tea party! Man sucks I don't live there!!

    ReplyDelete